Recently I finished the book Reason For God by Timothy Keller.Â Keller is a pastor in New York City at Redeemer Church.Â His book is a challenging read that I definitely suggest you pick up.Â He does a great job looking at several questions and doubts about the Christian faith including (but not limited to):
- Why does God allow suffering in the world?
- How could a loving God send people to Hell?
- Why isnâ€™t Christianity more inclusive?
- How can one religion be â€œrightâ€ and the others â€œwrongâ€?
- Why have so many wars been fought in the name of God?
He addresses each doubt and explains each reason. He uses stories, philosophy, reasoning to explain each.Â It’s a wonderful, thought-provoking read for both believers in Christ as well as skeptics.Â Â The book motivated me to research other teachings and sermons from Keller and here’s what I found:
- 374 sermons, interviews and other videos on YouTube
- A sermon store on Redeemer.com that seemed more exhaustive than iTunes theology section
- A half dozen or so free sermons including “reason for God”, “the Prodigal Son”, “Parenting”, “Stewardship”, “Suffering and Tragedy” as well as others
- All time favorite sermon series include: Marriage, Cultivating a Healthy Marriage Part 1, Proverbs, Friendship, Practical Grace, The Trouble with Christianity, In Christ Jesus, and Christ: Our Treasury.
I downloaded a few of the Marriage sermons.Â I’ll write a separate post with some notes from it.Â It was an excellent sermon that I listened to 3 times in two weeks.Â Anyway, if you have a moment on the computer to listen to a sermon or have a mp3 player, take a few moments to download and listen.